Grandmaster Andrei Kharlov
Andrei is often travelling. We are communicating via internet right now.
He has mailed his chess bio very short. But I know so many tournaments he had won....
I can name very many of his trophies :)
But this would be a long publication then.
I hope it is enough to say his famous name, rating and no comments will be needed.
I`m glad we have friendship as Andrei is a stabile player, friendly and erudite person.
You can see him in a photo with a golden medal with Lithuanian players:) This happened
when "Baltijos Lyga" club has won Lithuanian club championship in 2000 with Andrei in our
Now I will provide the main facts of his chess career as he had written in his letter exactly:
As we see many tied prizes. Yes-Andrei is always joking he needs a 1/2 point more.
And it happens so often that he had got accustomed to this fate:)
- 1990-Russia championship-tied 1-5 place.
- 1991-USSR championship under 26 y/o in Kherson -1-3 place.
- 1991-World team championship under 26y/o in Brasil 1st place with a USSR team.
- 1996-Eurocup winner with Kazan chessclub team.
- 1998-Russian Club cup-1 place with Kazan team.
- 2000-Russia national championship in Samara-tied 2-6 place.
- 2000-First individual European championship in Saint Vincent 1-4 places.
- Grandmaster since 1992.
president of the Baltijos Lyga Chess Club